Special Education Elementary Teacher
SPECIAL EDUCATION ELEMENTARY TEACHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
The Special Education Teacher shall:
- Hold a PA Instructional I Special Ed Certificate (either PK-8 or K-6)
- OR hold a Temporary Private School Certification for Learning Disabled (K-12)
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills and the ability to motivate and instruct students.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Showcase expertise and experience in using 21st Century based/Web 2.0 technology tools and protocols.
The Special Education Teacher at Y.A.L.E. School assumes the professional responsibility for providing learning experiences in english and supervision of assigned students in a safe, supportive and positive classroom climate that develops in each student the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to meet and exceed the Pennsylvania curriculum content standards, following the approved curricula and directives of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Special Education teacher work collaboratively with other members of the school staff and with parents.
In addition, the Special Education Teacher will strive to meet the highly effective criteria for the preparation of lesson plans, the use of data to drive instruction, the delivering of quality instruction, addressing the needs of diverse learners through differentiation, classroom environment, leadership, and professionalism.
Y.A.L.E. School provides a positive approach to learning for students with disabilities 3 to 21 years of age, who need a specialized setting in order to benefit from education.
Established in 1976, Y.A.L.E. School has an impressive track record of success.
On our campuses, Y.A.L.E. School serves students with social, emotional, learning, and behavioral disabilities from in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Competitive salary and benefits package.Please complete the online application.