Custodian - District Wide (Several Positions Available)
Posted 2 months ago
FLAGSTAFF UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 1
Several Positions Available
Several Positions Available
Position Title: Custodian
Department/Section: District Wide/ Facilities
Supervisor: Custodial Supervisor/Facilities Manager
Hourly Rate: $13.07 - $13.17/hour (depending on experience)
Pay Grade: 4
Schedule: 40 hours/week (Monday - Friday; hours/day & times TBD); 12 month position; Benefit Eligible; Arizona State Retirement System
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Support the mission and values of the Flagstaff Unified School District to ensure the safety of occupants and maintain the cleanliness and readiness of all campus areas
- Perform general cleaning/minor maintenance
- Clean floors, stairs, restrooms
- Empty trash cans
- Wash windows, doors & lockers
- Assist with unloading delivery trucks in summer & occasionally evenings
- Store materials and dispose of boxes
- Move furniture/or equipment (may also include assembling furniture)
- Secure building at night by locking doors &windows
- Direct or report people on campus without apparent authorization (i.e. employee or visitor badge)
- Clean and disinfect restrooms
- Replace light bulbs
- Set up and/or take down equipment for sporting events, concerts, evening school and other meetings or special events
- Set up/take down bleachers, chairs and/or risers as needed for performances
- Assist with grounds maintenance, mowing, grounds keeping, snow removal (especially during times of heavy snow), painting, raking or other similar tasks. Pick up trash around outside of school building
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- At least six moths experience cleaning large institutions desirable
- Ability to lift in excess of 70 pounds
- Pass District background check
- Must be able to meet the working conditions of the job
- Committed to following all district guidelines and policies
Indoor – classroom environment. Outdoor – all weather conditions and temperatures. Playground environment. Contact with public, employees, children and parents. Exposure to noise, dusts, gas, fumes and cleaning chemicals.
Work involves the performance of duties where physical exertion and movement is required to perform the aspects of the job. Work involves sitting and moving for extended periods of time, requires moving from one location to another, reaching, bending, hold and grasping objects. Work requires climbing of a ladder and pushing/pulling/lifting of up to 70 lbs. Work requires repetitive tasks. Verbal communication ability required.
Equipment, Aids, Tools and Materials
Uses cleaning equipment which includes but is not limited to: wheeled carts, mops, brooms, rags, and cleaning chemicals. The use of power equipment used by custodial staff is required. FUSD recognizes that ever changing development of cleaning supplies and materials but expects all staff to keep abreast of changing requirements and use provided to them.
Thank you for your interest in the Flagstaff Unified School District. Please submit a complete application. Education information must be included in the application. Complete work history needed for proper placement on the salary schedule. If this information is not complete, your application will be returned. All applicants (including current district employees) must submit a complete online application.
Current Internal candidates, please contact Human Resources @ HR@fusd1.org for hourly rate information. Years of service and grade movement (up or down) will be considered.
All employees are subject to a criminal background check. The Flagstaff Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to race, color, religion, gender expression, sexual orientation, military status, age, national origin, or disability. Offers of employment, contingent upon funding.