High School Art Teacher
Prairie View High School is currently seeking an Art Teacher to provide quality classroom instruction in a variety of standards-based art classes. This is a full-time, or 1.0 FTE position with benefits.
- Work collaboratively with parents, students, and staff; develop positive, appropriate relationships and solve conflicts in a positive way
- Teach and work with a diverse student population
- Participate in staff development activities, staff meetings, and other assigned duties
- Must be "highly qualified" as defined by the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) by demonstrating subject matter competency.
- K-12 Licensure, as required by the Colorado Dept. of Education, with an endorsement in art instruction.
- Strong background in instruction of art; knowledgeable of art theory and practice.
- Previous experience in secondary education and an understanding of state standards in art education highly preferred.
Apply online at www.workat27j.com. External applicants: please upload a copy of your licensure from the Colorado Department of Education and transcripts that confer your highest degree. Teachers currently contracted with SD27J, please use Internal Application. Substitutes are considered External applicants.
- All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
Please note: All job postings in School District 27J close at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time
Notice of NonDiscrimination: NOTICE LINK
Title IX District Compliance Officer: Jaime White 303-655-2900
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, 27J Schools does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment.