Experience working with students with Emotional and Learning Disabilities preferred. Teaching license required.
The successful candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced, high energy, student-centered environment. He/She is expected to participate in our collaborative culture, which starts and ends each day with a team meeting. We thrive on shared decision making and a student first approach. A training program will prepare the candidate to successfully contribute to our school culture. 70% of our staff have more than 15 years of experience working with students with disabilities. This core group provides great leadership and on-going mentoring to new members of our team.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Plan and implement lessons in a variety of subject areas.
- Demonstrate strong classroom management skills.
- Monitor Individual Education Plan progress.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with parents and guardians.
- Collaborate with therapists to ensure that all social emotional needs of the students are met.
- Communicate openly with all staff members and administration; give/receive feedback.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities as needed.
- Family friendly environment.
- Option for extended school year employment.
- 60% of health/dental insurance covered.
- Life insurance.
- 403b plan.
- 10 paid days off per year.
- Paid holidays
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Joseph Academy has two locations. One in Des Plaines and one in Melrose Park. This position may be at either location.