The Dearborn Academy, a K-8 Charter School located at 1930 Ford Rd. Dearborn, MI 48128, is seeking Elementary and Middle School Reading Specialists. The Dearborn Academy’s mission is to serve a multicultural community through individualized, focused instruction allowing each student to achieve academic excellence and exhibit social responsibility.
Specialist is responsible for planning and coordinating the elementary and/or middle school reading and language arts program at the school level.
- Coordinate the school reading and language arts and primary program.
- Assist classroom teachers in planning reading/language arts program and elementary and/or middle school programs.
- Assist all teachers with teaching/learning strategies that promote comprehension in subject areas.
- Model reading and language arts instruction in elementary and/or middle school classrooms.
- Coordinate the developmental aspects of the elementary and/or middle school programs.
- Collaboratively select and coordinate (with the approval of the principal) all reading and language arts materials used in the classrooms.
- Assist teachers with instructional interventions.
- Implement in the school the curriculum outcomes associated with reading and language arts.
- Adhere to the teacher code of conduct.
- Other related duties as assigned by Principal.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience: Qualifications
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution or
- BR ( Reading) Endorsement - Masters in Language Arts (preferred)
- Elementary/Middle Level Teacher Certification
- Michigan teacher’s certification with applicable endorsement
- Two years of teaching experience
- Experience with elementary/middle school programs dependent on area of assignment
- Must meet NCLB Highly Qualified Criteria (Major in content area, or Minor and Passed MTTC exam)
Satisfactory criminal background check and unprofessional conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation
Please email resumes to email@example.com.