Educational Paraprofessional (EPP)
Posted 23 days ago
|Performs instructional activities and monitors the results of those activities under the teacher's direction.Assists the teacher in developing and maintaining a positive environment
Assists the teacher upon request in the management of the student's behavior in accordance with established disciplinary policies and procedures
Acts as a positive social and emotional model for the student.
Performs proper SCM techniques as needed.
Provides input to the teacher regarding relevant information of the student's academic progress, behavioral change, physical needs and other areas as appropriate.
Completes the School-Based ACCESS Program (SBAP) daily or weekly logs, if assigned student is eligible, in an accurate and timely manner.
Attends and participates in training for the School-Based ACCESS Program and SBAP paperwork.
Assists the assigned student to and from vehicles and other parts of the building, and/or offsite experiences
Must possess required clearances.
• Must possess a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• Previous experience working with students with mental health, behavioral, or emotional issues desired.
• Must be certified as a Qualified Paraprofessional, as required under Chapter 14, OR have the ability and willingness to become a Qualified Paraprofessional within the established timelines.
• Must be trained in CPR, First Aid, AED and fully certified to actively participate in Safe Crisis Management (SCM) and willing and fully able to utilize these procedures, OR have the ability and willingness to become trained.
• Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
• Must have computer skills, including Microsoft Office.