POSITION TITLE: Custodian
REPORTS TO: Exec Director Operations and Principal
FLSA STATUS: non-exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: 244 days
DATE REVIEWED: 1/2014
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment shall be at the will of the Board of Education. The annual period of service will be 244 days and shall include vacation allowance.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Cleaning and maintenance of the district’s buildings and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates, collaborates and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and adults
- Keeps assigned work area neat and clean at all times
- Vacuums, shampoos, sweeps, mops, waxes, polishes, and scrub floor surfaces
- Cleans and dusts furnishings daily (blinds as needed)
- Washes windows and mirrors
- Collects trash daily and places it in trash collection receptacles
- Moves furniture and equipment as necessary
- Sets up and tears down for special events
- Reports items that are in need of repair
- Secures buildings daily
- Checks daily to ensure the all appropriate exit doors are open and all panic devices are working properly during the hours of building occupancy
- Performs minor maintenance on equipment (i.e. changes vacuum cleaner belts, pads on buffer, etc.)
- Sweeps and mops cafeteria floor daily; empties trash and wipes down dining tables daily
- Makes sure all restroom facilities are operable and requests repair orders as needed
- Participates in training programs to increase skills and proficiency related to the assignment
- Ensures adherence to good safety procedures
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job shall be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the board's policy on evaluation of classified personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: To perform the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, or hear. Lifting up to 50 pounds may be required on an occasional basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and distance vision