Special Education Teacher - Crestwood, IL
Special Education Teacher
LOCATION: Chicago Heights, IL
We are currently seeking a dedicated Special Education Teacher near the Chicago Heights, IL area for a 7th grade classroom who will assume personal responsibility for their students’ achievement. At AnthroMed Education we value our Special Education Teachers and their dedication to our mission of making a difference in kiddos lives. The Special Education Teacher will have a caseload of about 10 students and will support a mixture of contained and resource level support. Co-Teaching is involved in this role.
We encourage you to apply, and an AnthroMed Education Representative will reach out immediately to qualified applicants after receiving your resume.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER ROLE:
- Meet State of Illinois requirements for teaching including PEL and LBS1 endorsement.
- Optimistic, motivated, and adaptable and team-based and individual settings.
- Ability to connect with people from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Support 7th grade students with a caseload of about 10 students.
- Provide contained and resource level support, including co-teaching model.
- Implement a variety of instructional strategies (i.e. – direct instruction, reading/writing workshop, hand-on, project-based learning, modeling, graphic organizers, integrated content, jigsaw, journaling, learning centers, etc.).
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
- Utilize remote learning technology to support daily classroom instruction.
- Monitor and report student’s academic, behavioral, social and emotional progress.
- Responsible for facilitating Individual Education Plans, conferring with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers and others to develop IEPs.
- Prepare report cards, educational records, IEP procedures, data collection, behavior plans, classroom observation records, and other forms.
- Evaluate student progress based on observations, data, and assessments, determines goals, objectives and directions.
- Actively participate with colleagues in school improvement activities, curriculum development, teaming, and collaboration.
- Interpret students' educational needs and progress to parents.
AnthroMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AnthroMed LLC will not discriminate against any person based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status.