Director of Athletics and Physical Education K - 12 (Search Extended - Previous applicants need not apply)
Scope of Job: To provide leadership in the development, organization, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of
the athletic programs, and PE/Health, including budgeting and fiscally responsible management of the budget; ensure compliance with all policies/regulations; coordinate the Physical Education and Health Department K-12 as related to budgeting, program planning, curriclum implementation, scheduling, evaluations and personnel management.
1. New Jersey Principal Certification
2. Record of successful teaching experience
3. Record of successful coaching experince
4. Record of successful administrative experience a plus
1. Organizes and administers the overall program of interscholastic athletics for the high school.
2. Participates in all executive meetings of the Big North or current conference.
3. Assists the principal in the selection, assignment, supervision, evaluation, and retention of athletic coaches and PE/Health staff.
4. Assumes responsibility for the organization, scheduling and supervision of the Athletic and intramural programs, and PE/Health Departments.
5. Hires officials, and police officers as required, and assumes general responsibility for the proper supervision of home games.
6. Arranges transportation for athletic contest participants.
7. Prepares and administers the athletic program and department budgets.
8. Prepares lists for bidding and requisitions, in cooperation with appropriate staff members for athletic supplies, uniforms, and equipment.
9. Monitors the athletic program's compliance with all league, state, and national rules and regulations.
10. Plans and supervises recognition programs for school athletes, including seasonal awards dinners.
11. Keeps records of the results of all athletic contests and maintains a file of all records of individual athletes, their awards, and scholarships.
12. Schedules and coordinates the use of high school facilities with the Business Office and monitors all outside groups using high school facilities.
Selection procedure will include: A committee interview, followed by an invitation to present a detailed plan for raising student and athletic achievement, preparing students for success after high school, and ensuring a smooth leadership transition that will ensure that students and the community alike are comfortable; the committee's recommendation will be submitted to the Superintendent for board approval.