Paraeducator - Satellite Opportunit - (During Hybrid Learning Model) - INTERNAL ONLY
The opportunity exist for four (4) Paraeducators to work in the newly developed Satellite Location at St. Joseph St. Mary beginning Tuesday, September 8, 2020. Those selected for the position will be required to work 8:15 a.m. - 4:15 Monday - Friday (Wednesday hours may vary) and their hours and schedule will be adjusted accordingly. These positions will remain active through the Windham Public Schools Hybrid Learning/Teaching environment and once it is concluded, you will return to your current position, hours, and schedule.
The essential duties are:
- Manage students to ensure that social distancing is maintained while in classrooms, hallways, bathroom breaks, lunch, etc.
- Manage and assist students with work as needed to communicate with teachers and do assignments independently
- Provide educational support in small groups, as requested
- Manage students and escort them to take mask breaks
- Manage and escort students to lunch and/or breakfast pickup
- Ensure that students utilize hand sanitizing before and after lunch
- Take and report attendance
- Assist with arrival and dismissal
This list of duties may need to be expanded, reduced, or changed in alignment with paraeducator duties as the program evolves based on student needs.
If you are interested in the position log into Frontline Central and complete the interest notification.