2020-2021 SY: Purchasing Assistant for Business Services
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Chief Procurement Officer
Minimum 40/hrs. per week
All positions with Santa Fe Public Schools require a post offer/pre-employment background check. Some positions have additional requirements as established by Federal or State Rules and Regulations.
Supports district procurement of goods and services to ensure that all processes and operations are in compliance with the New Mexico Procurement Code, policies and procedures. Provides administrative assistance to the procurement function and the Chief Procurement Officer.
(Basic minimum requirements are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the District.)
Minimum: High School Diploma and minimum of two (2) years purchasing experience.
Preferred: Previous experience with the New Mexico state procurement code.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the New Mexico Procurement Code and ability to determine whether purchasing requests comply with regulations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft standard office software, including Word Processing and Excel.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet critical deadlines and provide support to other departments.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of individuals and groups both internal and external to the organization.
Essential Job Functions
All functions are performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety and environmental regulations, facility and computer security policies and procedures. Functions are subject to change from time to time to meet the needs of the organization. Current essential functions include the following:
- Review documents and data (e.g. incoming requisitions) for the purpose of ensuring completeness and accuracy of purchasing process.
- Process and audit requisitions into approved purchase orders for the purpose of updating and distributing information and/or acquiring resources in compliance with the New Mexico Procurement Code.
- Assist with additional financial transactions as required including processing change orders approved by the accounting department.
- Proofread all requisitions for errors and make corrections as needed.
- Responds to inquiries of staff and administration regarding purchasing procedure, information and P.O. status.
- Prepare, solicit, evaluate, and issue orders for warehouse supply bids and other supply/services that may be required per the New Mexico Procurement Code regulations.
- Prepare, solicit, and evaluate bids for price agreements for supplies, transportation and special education professional services and/or any other bids/services that may be required per New Mexico Procurement Code regulations.
- Performs general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. answering phones, processing the mail, distributing P.O.s, copying, filing, faxing, etc.)
- Inputs W-9s into system for vendor usage in P.O.s and keeps vendor list current.
- Creates and maintains listing of all “After the Fact” violations of procurement, including invoices for all school sites and offices for the CPO.
- Assist CPO preparing and providing purchasing procedures and in-service training to school/department staff. Communicate the procurement procedures, verbally and in written form, to district staff.
- Communicate with vendors, sales representatives and school district staff.
- Stay current with municipal procurement code laws and regulations.
- Perform other duties that may arise for effective functioning of the purchasing department.
- Maintain purchasing documents, files and records, vendor files, etc. for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with the New Mexico Procurement Code.
- Develop and maintain tab sheets for bids and proposals on a daily basis.
- Prepare and mail correspondence required for bids/proposals to vendors, companies, and district staff.
- Assists with the preparation of formal bid and proposal opening documents for items and services for the purpose of ensuring that materials are in compliance with the New Mexico Procurement Code and post them to the SFPS Website.
- Assist in Public Bid Openings as stated in the New Mexico Procurement Code.
- Revise all SFPS Contracts/Addendums with appropriate approvals in a timely manner. File all contracts alphabetically or other acceptable organizational methods including archiving previous year’s materials to prepare for the new fiscal year.
- Assist CPO preparing contracts and addendums for Board of Education approval.
- Assist CPO preparing bid/proposal material for Board of Education approval.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
$39,150 - $42,188
Resources Used in Performing Job Include (but are not limited to):
Typical office equipment, computers.
Working at desk, computer. Walk between offices and administrative areas. Typical office environment.
Occasional site visit to program directors and state offices. Close vision, distance vision, depth perception
and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to hear conversations in quiet and noisy environments. Ability to
(but not limited to) climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach horizontally and lift up to 25 pounds.
Generally works inside but on occasion may have to drive from site to site. When visiting a building, the noise level may be loud; in the office, quiet and at meetings moderate. Frequent telephone calls and interruptions.
- Demonstrates reliability as evidenced by attendance records and punctuality
- Properly notifies supervisor and/or designee of absences or tardiness
- Begins and completes work within the allotted time
- Consistently appears in attire appropriate to the work environment
- Demonstrates skill in the use of equipment including its capabilities, limitations and appropriate/special application
- Protects the District’s resources through appropriate and careful use of supplies and equipment
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics to aid in the prevention of muscle strain/injury
Santa Fe Public Schools
610 Alta Vista Street, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,258
% ELL Students
State Average: 16%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.45
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 228