Speech Language Pathologist - Zion, IL
AnthroMed Education is currently searching for a middle school level Speech-Language Pathologist near Zion, IL. Apply in seconds and we’ll contact you immediately!
AnthroMed Education provides the very best Special Education to public school districts in Illinois. We believe in working with our SLPs to help them achieve their career goals and place the very best SLPs in schools where they can truly make a difference in children’s lives. Our SLPs are like family and the cornerstone of our business, and who we want to be as a top provider of talented people to schools.
Location: Zion, IL
This position supports wonderful middle school-age students at a highly supportive school district. Our middle school partner provides students with a curriculum individualized to each students’ unique needs, and they’ve created a structured and consistent environment for students to develop positive interpersonal relationships with other students and staff and maximizes the opportunities for student success. Our school partner is currently running their 2020-2021 school year under a hybrid model: the parent(s)/guardian(s) were given the option to continue remote learning or having their student be onsite at the school. The expectation is to have the SLP be onsite at the school. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide high-quality direct speech-language therapy services to students according to the students’ IEPs.
- Conduct assessments, translate and analyze assessment results, and develop reports to determine strengths and concerns in areas of speech, voice, fluency, pragmatics, language, and oral motor skills.
- Participate in IEP conferences, team meetings, and problem-solving meetings.
- Develop treatment plans, in conjunction with instructional staff, that are strength-based, as well as child and family-centered for overall educational improvement.
- Ensure evaluations, intervention plans, and service delivery are aligned with school, state, and federal guidelines.
- Assist and guide teachers in observing, describing, and referring suspected and identified speech and language delays/disorders.
The SLP is responsible for the development, implementation, and coordination of the speech-language therapy program focused on improving, restoring, and/or maintaining the students’ ability to perform tasks in educational settings. The SLP will participate in Individual Education Plan (IEP) conferences and meetings designing systems, programs, and services that maximize students’ abilities in speech, voice, fluency, pragmatics, language, and/or oral motor skills. In collaboration with teachers, parents, administrators, and other professionals to strengthen connections between home and school, and ultimately creating an effective educational environment.
- Master’s Degree from top Communication Sciences and Disorders program
- Valid State PEL with Speech Language Pathologist Endorsement from ISBE
- Previous experience working in school environment pre-k – 8th grade is preferred
- Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds
AnthroMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
AnthroMed LLC will not discriminate against any person based on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, height, weight, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status.