LEVEL 1 - ENTRY LIFEGUARD
1. Minimum 15 years of age
2. Certified Lifeguard – including First Aid and CPR for Professional
3. Excellent communication and people skills
4. Meet all School District #25 qualifications
Reports to: Aquatic Center Manager and/or Level 3 Head Staff
Job Goal: To prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies thereby providing
students, staff, and the public with a safe, friendly recreational environment.
- Primary duties include preventing and responding to aquatic emergencies by monitoring the facility, enforcing pool rules, and assisting as directed by the Aquatic Manager and/or Head Lifeguard in maintenance and operation of the Aquatic Center.
- Assisting in instructional and secondary lifeguard duties as assigned by Head Lifeguard.
- Locker room supervision and clean-up as required.
- Performs and supervises general housekeeping for the RAC building as per daily checklist
- Reports observed maintenance concerns promptly for addressing by appropriate parties
- Assist in general pool up-keep and cleaning.
- Complete and file all required reports and forms.
- Assist in tracking group usage for demographic reports.
- Assist in hourly computer and physical checks of chemicals used in the pool.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
Hourly – “At Will”
The Aquatic Center Manager shall evaluate this position.