QUALIFICATIONS: Valid Illinois PEL (Public Educator License) and an in-depth knowledge of reading and math.
JOB SUMMARY: To provide small group instruction to struggling regular education students. This may be in the form of push-in or pull-out services.
REPORTS TO: Principal, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment, and other Central Office Administrators.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary, benefits, and work year as established in the Teachers’ Contract.
1. Meet with the principal as needed to go over assessment data and review lesson plans.
2. Design and implement academic interventions using research-based methodology in reading and math.
3. Communicate with school personnel and parents of children regarding reading and/or math level and rate of progress.
4. Differentiate instruction based on assessment data.
5. Document interventions and progress on each child.
6. Provide pre and post test data to staff.
7. Provide small group instruction.
8. Supervise students in a variety of school related settings.
9. Develop, select, and modify instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of students.
10. Maintain appropriate records and follow required procedures and practices.
11. Plan, organize, and provide instruction based on Common Core State Standards.
12. Administer informal and formal assessments.
13. Evaluate and assess student progress.
14. Work cooperatively with administration and staff to schedule meetings.
15. Knowledge of educational research, trends, and best practices.
16. Perform duties as assigned.