PARAPROFESSIONAL- High School:
Application due: Until position filled
Souhegan High School (SAU 39) is seeking a paraprofessional to provide full time support services to students in school and in the community. An ideal candidate will be able to manage student behaviors, collect data, collaborate with colleagues, accept feedback, communicate clearly in writing and in conversation, maintain confidentiality and professionalism, and have a willingness to learn.
1. Have a belief that all individuals can learn and deserve every opportunity to be involved in their community.
2. Knowledge and experience with specific areas of disabilities and high school curriculum, particularly in mathematics.
3. Must be able to work with students one on one and in classroom settings.
4. Must be able to collaborate with colleagues, listen to feedback, and make changes to your approach to students/situations as directed.
5. Successful experience working in a high school or community setting preferred.
6. High School Diploma required; College degree and/or paraprofessional certification preferred.
7. Have excellent communication skills, be well-organized, reliable, independent, and willingness to collaborate with students, parents, colleagues, and the community.
8. Experience with technology including Zoom and Google Classroom desired.
Please include a cover letter and references.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Amherst School District, Mont Vernon School District, Souhegan Cooperative School District and SAU 39 does not discriminate in its education programs, activities or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, language, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran, marital or citizenship status. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Genetics Information Nondiscrimination Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and RSA 354-A.
Souhegan High School
412 Boston Post Road
PO Box 1152
Amherst, NH 03031