Anticipated Middle School Special Education Teacher (Math)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
TITLE: Anticipated Middle School Special Education Teacher (Math)
1. Must satisfy all New Jersey regulations for eligibility and teacher certification.
- Students with Disabilities Certification (REQUIRED)
- Middle School Math Specialization (Preferred)
REPORTS TO: School Principal
JOB GOALS: To provide quality instructional services to disabled children according to each child’s “individual Educational Program”.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Abide by Board policies and state and federal regulations concerning disabled students.
2. Seek a cooperative working relationship with the staff of the building in which the teacher is assigned.
3. Participate in professional activities as part of the teaching assignment.
4. Demonstrate high standards of professionalism and ethics.
5. Maintain confidentiality of information concerning colleagues, students, and parents.
6. Maintain adequate and current knowledge of developments within the respective teaching areas and with the areas of instruction and learning.
7. Serve on assigned multi-disciplinary and individualized education program teams concerning children with disabilities as appropriate.
8. Provide direct instructional service to identified disabled students according to their approved individual education programs.
9. Provide consultation services concerning the disabled student to teachers and parents.
10. Maintain student records necessary for continuous evaluation concerning the student’s individual education program.
11. Report any serious accident, illness, or suspected harassment or abuse affecting any student.
12. Attend staff meetings, participate in District and building curriculum and in- service programs as directed by the principal or special services director.
13. Perform such other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the principal.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Deptford Township Public Schools
2022 Good Intent Road, Deptford, NJ 08096
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $19,422
% ELL Students
State Average: 5%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 345