TITLE: FULL AND PART-TIME CUSTODIAN
REPORTS TO: Head Custodian or Assistant Director of Buildings and Grounds
JOB GOAL: Keeps building and premises in a clean and attractive condition at all times as assigned by the head custodian,the Assistant Director of Buildings and Grounds, the Director of Buildings and Grounds, or the school administrator(s).
1. Empty waste baskets daily and pencil sharpeners as needed.
2. Cleans all chalkboards and dry erase boards daily.
3. Dust window sills, counter tops, etc.
4. Sweep, mop and vacuum floors.
5. Move furniture for cleaning as needed and return neatly.
6. Cleans doors, walls, windows and attached hardware daily.
7. Removes graffiti as needed.
8. Cleans and disinfects washroom and locker room floors, sinks, toilets, urinals and attached plumbing fixtures as needed.
9. Maintains an inventory of supplies and equipment and requests replacement as needed, far enough in advance so as not to be hindered in performing his/her duties.
10. Keeps school building premises, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, lawn areas, roof and play areas safe and clean.
11. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash and or waste.
12. Assumes responsibility for the closing of the building and determining before leaving that all doors and windows are secured, and that all lights, except those left on for security reasons, are turned off.
13. Reports immediately to the Head Custodian, Assistant Director, or the building administrator(s) any damage to school property.
14. Moves furniture or equipment within the building as required for various activities. Performs all other duties as assigned by the head Custodian, Assistant Director of Buildings and Grounds, or the building principal.
15. Keeps up and complies with District energy savings programs.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
Demonstrates aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities. Such qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.Working Conditions: