Specialized Program Paraprofessional
Under the direct supervision of learning specialist and BCBA, provide social-emotional, behavioral, and academic support to students across the school environment.
Essential Job Functions
The Amherst Middle School in Amherst, NH has an opening for a specialized paraprofessional to work in their Emotional Behavioral classroom with students in 5th-8th grade identified with Other Health Impairments, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and Emotional Disturbance. Opportunity for summer ESY work. Anticipated start date of 2020-2021 SY. The specialized paraprofessional will be working with a team of multidisciplinary specialists, including a Special Education Teacher, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Pathologists, Board Certified Behavioral Analyst, School Psychologist, and Administrators to provide the best educational opportunities for students in the program. Ongoing training in will be provided to support staff.
1. Successful experience working with school-aged children.
2. Must be able to work one on one and in groups.
3. High School Diploma or GED required; Associate degree preferred.
4. Excellent communication skills, well-organized, efficient, reliable, independent, and well- developed collaborative skills.
5. Demonstrated commitment to, “Engage, Support and Challenge All Learners.”
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ability to manage behavior and keep accurate data.
2. Ability to prioritize functions and manage time wisely.
3. Must be able to work collaboratively with a comprehensive team including teachers, related service providers, case managers, administrators and family members.
4. Must have solid communication skills and the ability to establish a rapport with adults and children.
5. Prior experience preferred.