Bus Monitor, Transportation
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified Schedule
Reports to: Transportation Manager
Contract Length/ Days: (2020-2021/ 181)
Date Posted: September 2, 2020
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 07/09/2020. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible)
- High school diploma or GED
- Eight hours of pre-training at district expense
- First Aid training
- Good interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge of bus operation and ability to assist in emergency situations
- knowledge of scheduled route to assist sub drivers
- Ability to work with handicapped children
- Bilingual skills
Assists bus driver in the safe transportation of students.
- Aids the driver in the internal and external cleanliness of the bus.
- Aids driver in pre-trip inspection
- Assists in the loading and unloading of students
- Aids in railroad crossing procedures
- Assists in control of students while en-route
- May ride on handicapped student bus; helping with personal needs and making sure seat belts are securely fastened
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.