Middle School Assistant Principal - Hillcrest Middle School
Qualifications: Candidates must hold a South Carolina principal’s certificate at the elementary or secondary level. A minimum of three years of successful experience in public school education. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Serves as principal in the absence of the regular principal.
- Assists with the preparation of student schedules.
- Cooperates in conducting safety inspections and fire drill activities.
- Assists in evaluations and observations of all personnel within the school.
- Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance and works with the attendance supervisor in investigative follow-up actions.
- Assists in preparation of teacher and student handbooks.
- Aids in the scheduling of extra-curricular activities of the school.
- Supervises conduct within the school and oversees disciplinary procedures; keeps records of any disciplinary action.
- Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
- Performs such record keeping functions as the principal may direct.
- Interacts with students, teachers and parents in a professional and respectful manner.
- Works with others consistently in a cooperative and respectful manner.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities designated by the principal.
TERMS: Middle School Assistant Principals - 210 Days
Salary and work year to be recommended by the Superintendent and approved by the Board.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. Employees will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or appropriate administrator. Sumter School District reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description or application deadline at any time for the efficient operation of the district.
Sumter School District is an equal opportunity employer.