SPECIAL EDUCATION KITE
Hours: 6 hours per day
Days: Monday - Friday (Includes collaboration hour) (NOTE: Subject to current furlough for Mondays only effective 9/3-10/30/2020)
Calendar: 191 days includes 10 holidays
Flexibility to ride bus. May work primarily with one student. .
See calendars, job description and salary schedule for this position at: https://www.puyallup.k12.wa.us/cms/One.aspx?portalId=141151&pageId=3806827
To expedite employment processing, please make certain that your professional references are current or former supervisors. In addition, please contact the reference and ask they respond as soon as possible.
Minimum employment requirements
Beginning with the school year 2019-20, all hired paraeducators must meet the following minimum employment requirements:
- Be at least eighteen years of age and hold a high school diploma or its equivalent
- Have received a qualifying score on the Education Testing Service (ETS) paraeducator assessment
- Hold an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Have earned 72 quarter credits or 48 semester credits at the 100 level or higher at an accredited college or university
- Have completed an apprenticeship as a paraeducator, in a program registered with the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council