Substitute Child Care Assistant Site Supervisor
Position Title: Substitute Child Care Assistant Site Supervisor
Department/Building: Community Education/Baxter or Forestview/Nisswa/WESB
Reports to: Child Care Site Supervisor
Schedule: As needed when the site Supervisor of Assistant Supervisor is absent.
Compensation: $14.15 per hour
This primary purpose of this position is to substitute for the Site Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor in managing the day to day operation of the program site including: ensuring the implementation of daily programming; supervising Program Assistants and Volunteers to provide students with a safe, fun, and enriching out of school time experience.
Assist in maintaining a safe, healthy, clean and inviting environment for children, families and staff following district and program guidelines, policies and procedures
Assist in reviewing and implementing safety emergency procedures as needed. Conducts fire, tornado, and A.L.I.C.E drills as required
Assist in on-going program development and program evaluation
Participate in professional development
Maintain First Aid, AED/CPR, concussion and medication administration training
Assist in supervising, directing and evaluating the performance of site staff (paid and volunteer)
Assist in maintaining, updating and preparing site files, records and reports in accordance with program requirements
Assist in developing an environment and daily schedule that allows children to assume responsibility for successful peer interactions and choices while meeting the interests and developmental needs of each child.
Maintain open communication with the Site Supervisor
Other duties as assigned by the Site Supervisor and Child Care Coordinator
Position is regularly required to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, walk up & down stairs while moving throughout the building. Position requires occasional lifting and occasional physical intervention with students. Due to computer work and documentation, dexterity and eye hand function must in normal range with or without correction. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will be located at Washington Educational Services Building in the Youth Programs office, Baxter Elementary School or Nisswa Elementary School, and will regularly interact with the Child Care Coordinator, district and program staff, public, parents/guardians of participating children, and children participating in programs. It is a loud, active, busy environment and will have frequent job interruptions. Extensive public contact and questions are to be expected.
This is not intended to be all inclusive, other duties and responsibilities from time to time should be taken and carried out as part of your job duties and description in a positive supportive manner.
- Education: Prefer high school diploma
- Experience: Prefer at least one year of experience working with children and families
- Desired Skills: ability to relate and communicate with children and adults in a positive supportive manner, work independently and take initiative, strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Google docs, Microsoft Office, and standard office equipment such as copiers
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Follow policies on confidentiality and mandated reporting
- Ability to mediate and problem solve in a positive, supportive manner
- Ability to relate to children/youth in a positive way: motivate, support, serve as a positive role model and be energetic, creative, active and friendly
- Current CPR, First Aid, Concussion Training or ability to obtain and maintain
- Knowledge of preschool and school age child care programming