Technology Support Specialist
The Support Specialist provides installation, management, maintenance, training, troubleshooting and support on technology components and peripherals for the school district. This position requires advanced training in diagnosis of operational problems in the district's network, email, systems, databases, hardware and software. This is a full-time, twelve-month, position with benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Setup, manage, and troubleshoot as technician for all equipment and hardware.
2. Manage, maintain, inspect, and repair as needed, computer components and peripherals, including, but not limited to monitors, televisions, printers, projectors, Apple TVs, and other A/V equipment.
3. Inspect and set up computers and iPads and insure that delivered equipment matches district specifications (experience with Apple computers and macOS preferred).
4. Manage district computers and iPads via Mobile Device Management (MDM) software (experience with Jamf Pro preferred).
5. Use the helpdesk to create and respond to support tickets and to document problem resolution (experience with Zendesk preferred).
6. Provide end-user support and training via e-mail, telephone, video conferencing, remote connection, and site-visit, as needed.
7. Perform diagnosis of system network, hardware and operational problems.
8. Assist in selection, install, manage and maintain district technology.
9. Facilitate best practice and price for replacement parts.
10. Provide training to administrators and staff on hardware, software and equipment as needed.
11. Complete work in established time frame, seek appropriate tasks when primary tasks are completed or pace is slow. Demonstrate adaptability to expanded roles of the organization and changing environment. Consistently arrive at work on time and complete all tasks.
12. Inform the administrator immediately of the existence of any problems deemed to warrant prompt attention, advice or intervention.
13. Make decisions and demonstrate support of the mission, vision, goals and interests of the district and of students.
14. Communicate, collaborate, and cooperate with colleagues, supervisors, staff and guests.
15. Maintain confidentiality of student and staff information. Utilize confidential and personal information for professional purposes only in accordance with school district policy and regulations.
16. Perform special assignments and other duties as determined by the administration.
Experience with Google Apps and Google Suite for Education preferred
These duties require travel between all 7 district buildings.
Supervisory Responsibilities: none