Paraprofessional/Lunch and Recess/Crossing Guard (up to 7 hrs/day)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Salary: Grade B: $12.48/hr or appropriate placement on the salary schedule.
Description: This position is for approximately 7 hours per day during the school year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned):
- Tutors students individually or in small groups according to lesson plans or at the direction of classroom teachers.
- Assists in assessing students' language and math skills and tutors to reinforce and follow up learning activities.
- Assists teacher in classroom operation and maintaining discipline.
- Assists with set up of classroom and preparation of materials.
- Assists students with schoolwork, test taking, organization, studying and related tasks.
- Assists with attendance reports, grading papers and tests.
- Processes and maintains inventory of books and other classroom materials and equipment.
- Assists on outings, field trips and other outside of the classroom activities.
- Operates standard school equipment such as laminator, copier, computer, audio-visual machines, etc.
- Assists teachers or office staff with various clerical or administrative functions.
- Assists injured or sick pupils; contact parents for pick-up.
- Supervises students in common areas before and after school, at lunch, on the playground, or in the classroom when the teacher is temporarily absent.
- Insures student safety before and after school by supervising bus loading or assisting at cross walks and reporting unsafe motorists or traffic conditions to supervisor and/or police.
- Assists with other activities necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the classroom or program.
- Treats all matters of school business in a confidential manner
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Application Procedures: Apply on-line
Bozeman School District 7
PO Box 520, Bozeman, MT 59771
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,858
% ELL Students
State Average: 2%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 13.96
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 43