Long Term Substitute -- Special Education Teacher 1.0 FTE
The following long term substitute teaching position is available for the 2020-2021 school year as noted below.
POSITION: SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER – 1.0 FTE
AVAILABILITY: November 23, 2020 (anticipated) - February 1, 2021
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Proper licensure required
- Learning Behavior Specialist (LBS I) Endorsement preferred but not required
- ESL endorsement preferred
- Experience preferred
- Proficient with PCs, tablets, and other mobile electronic devices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Apps and cloud-based applications
- Demonstrated aptitude for the work to be performed
- Demonstrated aptitude as a self-starter who works with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
- Effective communication, human relations, and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIES: Substitute teachers serve the District in the same capacity as a regular classroom teacher during their absence.
SALARY/RATE: Substitute Rate & Long Term Substitute Rate*
*For the first 10 days of teaching: if a Regular School Day ($105.00/full day; $17.50/per period if working less than a full day), or if SMART/Shortened Day ($78.75/day; $13.13/per period if working less than a full SMART DAY). For each day after ten consecutive days teaching for the same teacher, a substitute teacher will be paid the daily long term sub rate, currently $285.97/day (if working a full day); otherwise $47.66/per period (if working less than a full day).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Complete an online application.
The Human Resources Office will accept applications through September 18, 2020 or until filled.