Bus Monitor SPED Route
Job | Posted 2 months ago
The Bus Monitor is responsible to the driver in assisting of all duties including the loading and unloading of students, monitoring the safety of the students, and in managing the behavior of all students aboard the bus.
- Promote a positive caring climate that ensures that all students follow the student handbook and code of conduct.
- Ensure that all students are safe and following safety rules. Standing and/or walking on the bus shall not occur while bus is moving.
- Follow emergency procedures including evacuation of students as needed and to administer first aid, if necessary.
- Assist the driver in daily cleaning, closing windows, pre-trip and post trip inspections and maintaining the bus. Monitor should report any damages and repairs on a daily basis.
- Assist the driver in preparing and collating reports for submission and maintaining an updated route schedule.
- Maintain the discipline on the bus. When disciplining students, keep in mind the special needs of the students and whether the behavior is a result of the students’ handicapping conditions (Remember…not all students with special needs can control their behavior.). Document when incident occurred, who it involves, and witnesses. Collaborate with driver and report incident with Transportation Director if needed. Fill out Discipline Conduct Form if needed.
- Assign seats to students. Be aware of problems between students and keeping those students separated.
- Secure students who ride in child restraint seats, etc.
- Ensure that a child takes his/her belongings with him when departing the bus.
- Sit on the bus in such a manner as to observe and be accessible to all students. He/She should learn and adapt to each student’s special medical, physical, communicative and emotional needs. Sitting at the front of the bus is not an appropriate place when students are on the bus.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information related to the students they transport.
- Attend all safety meetings and in-service workshops. A sign-in sheet will be provided at the meeting in order to verify attendance. If a Monitor must miss a meeting, then he/she is responsible for obtaining minutes, notes, and handouts from the transportation office.
- May not use any type of cellular device while students are on the bus.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
North Lamar Independent School District
3201 Lewis Ln, Paris, TX 75460
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558