Semester Substitute Teacher
TITLE: Semester Substitute Teacher
Daily pay according to the substitute teacher pay scale plus a $200 bonus after a successful semester session. Benefits offered with this position include a Level 2 health insurance offering, personal business days, sick days and bereavement days.
To support the delivery of instruction of the students of the Tri-Creek School District by replacing teachers and/or paraprofessionals in the classrooms when they are not available.
Deliver instruction to students in the classroom by following the instructions left by the absent teacher and/or support the educational process in other areas as needed and directed.
The individual must be able to hold an Indiana substitute teacher license, complete a satisfactory background check according to the district policy and be willing to work in all buildings within the district. Two years of substitute teaching work or the equivalent classroom experience preferred.
This position is classified as a support position with a one semester assignment and reports to the business manager. Pay will be according to the substitute teacher pay scale and will include a lump sum bonus to be paid after successful completion of the semester assignment.
- Receive the building assignment from the Substitute Coordinator and report to the building principal and/or secretary to determine classroom assignment for the day;
- Review with principal, department head and/or grade level team all plans and schedules to be followed during the instructional day;
- Maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned;
- Instructs students by following the plan left by the absent teacher. This instruction may included lecture, demonstration, discussions, projects, practical activities, experiments, assignments and other methods;
- Consults as appropriate with the building principal or department head before initiating any instruction or other procedures not specified in the absent teacher’s plans;
- Supervises students and assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and board policy;
- Follows the absent teachers rules for classroom management and discipline, observes student conduct and maintains classroom order and discipline, addresses observed inappropriate student conduct both within the classroom and in other school settings and will confer with the principal in order to resolve inappropriate student conduct;
- Performs all other duties that are the responsibility of the absent teacher or paraprofessional, including, but not limited to, recess and lunch duty;
- Follows all policies, procedures and rules of the district and/or school;
- Participates in professional learning community meetings with the appropriate team;
- Travel between schools as needed with mileage reimbursement available;
- Other duties as assigned to include, but not limited to, clerical needs, assisting virtual teachers, classroom aide assignments and other positions as needed.
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- High school diploma or GED equivalency; and
- You must attend a substitute orientation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- This type of work involves sitting some of the time, but may involve walking or standing for moderate periods.
- Persons performing service in this position must be punctual in attendance each day in order to carry out the supervisory aspects of the job.
- Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
- Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 10 to 20 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position will be for a semester assignment.
Regular daily attendance for the semester is an essential function of this job.
- If you are chosen for this position your employment with the District would be "at will". Employment at Will means that the employee or the District may terminate the employment relationship with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time.