2nd Shift Team Lead-Prairie View Team
Starting Rate: $19.09/hour
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to perform and supervise the second shift custodial functions. Ensure that the facilities are set up, ready for use and serving the needs of the facility user during the evening activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Supervise and direct the activities of custodial team including substitutes and weekend workers; prepares work schedules for assigned team building(s); coordinates employee schedules and activities with other team leaders, day leads and the Custodial Night Manager.
- Coordinate and manage the set up equipment for athletic and other programs and events being aware of the timing of the use, and the groups that are using the facilities and their specific needs, checking the calendar for daily events.
- Train new employees in the operation of equipment and general custodial functions.
- Perform general custodial duties including cleaning kitchen, classrooms, specialty areas, cafeteria, halls, windows, bathrooms, etc. maintain building light fixtures, remove garbage and recycling.
- Respond to requests for assistance from principal(s), teachers, nurses, coaches, general public, facility users, and others
- Change filters on ventilation equipment and perform light routine maintenance.
- Maintain building grounds; shovels snow and spread salt, maintain entry ways for events.
- Secure building doors, windows, and set alarms. Ask unauthorized persons to vacate the building.
- Maintains lockers, assists students with opening jammed lockers, and change locker combinations as required
- Perform safety inspections and checks to assigned areas.
- Perform minor maintenance and coordinate larger maintenance projects with the maintenance department.
- Inventory, order and re-stock custodial supplies as required
- Coordination responsibilities for emergency events and responses.
- Fill in for custodial staff as required
- Other duties as assigned by Custodial Night Manager.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
High school graduate with two to four years of custodial experience, including supervisory experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities. Certified Pool Operator required at Senior High School. Must possess clean driving record and a valid driver’s license.
Minimum Physical and Mental Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to operate a variety of custodial, buildings and grounds maintenance equipment including snow removal equipment, floor scrubber, floor stripper, washing machine, extractor, floor buffer, vacuum cleaner, pressure washer, etc.
- Ability to use a variety of mechanics tools, including power tools
- Ability to lift and maneuver objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must have current physical on file with the District Office certifying applicant is able to meet all job qualifications
- Ability to assign, supervise, and review the work of others with feedback provided to Night Custodial Manager.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate decimals and percentages
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
- Ability to comprehend, interpret and/or prepare a variety of documents, including work orders, time cards, facility use permits, , maintenance requests, fire inspection reports, blueprints and other building schematics, custodial handbook, boiler handbook, material data sheets, equipment manuals, etc.
- Ability to prepare a variety of documents including time cards, supply requisitions, maintenance requests, etc. using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style
- Ability to record and deliver information, explain procedures, and follow instructions with an eye for details.
- Ability to communicate effectively with teachers, students, parents, administrators, service technicians, custodial staff, athletic/activities director, coaches, delivery persons, police officers, School Board members, nurses, the general public, and others verbally and in writing
- Ability to use technology to accomplish job responsibilities that may include basic knowledge of e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software
- Ability to work effectively indoors and outdoors under a variety of conditions
- Ability to work in a loud and/or dusty environment.
- Ability to work with hazardous and bio hazardous materials with a conscious awareness of safety including wet floors.