Library Media Assistant
ANTIOCH COMMUNITY CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL DISTRICT # 34
964 SPAFFORD STREET
ANTIOCH, IL 60002
Phone (847) 838-8401 Fax (847) 838-8404
TITLE: Library Media Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Library Media
LOCATION: WC Petty
REPORTS TO: District Library Media Specialist and Building Administration
- Understand the library structure, basic understanding of the Dewey Decimal System
- Strong background in the Windows OS
- Ability to troubleshoot minor technology related issues (computers, iPads copiers, printers, etc.) Use and troubleshoot machines that can be easily learned from manuals or verbal instructions.
- Communication Skills (oral, written, or business), exchange information, give/receive simple instructions and respond to inquiries, filling out forms, etc.
- Data Recording/Record Keeping
- Mathematical Skills, performs routine computations requiring a knowledge of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division using whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and/or percentages
- Reading and Interpreting must be able to read and interpret routine printed materials such as charts, diagrams, maps, or instructional materials.
- Office filing and retrieving skills, retrieving books, periodicals, and other media at the media center.
- Ability to relate well to students and staff
- Spelling Skills, ability to proofread work of others concerning spelling and grammatical structure.
- Strong Typing Skills
- Such other qualifications as the district may find appropriate and acceptable
- Embraces a philosophy of continuous improvement through teamwork, collaboration, and shared leadership.
- Closely collaborates with the district’s Library Media Specialist, the Teaching & Learning Department and the Technology Department.
- Help students properly and effectively use instructional technology (e.g. Google Accounts)
- Manage the general operations of the computer lab and library.
- Assist students and staff in locating and using materials in the library media center by answering questions, gathering materials, demonstrating use of equipment and software and operating AV and production equipment.
- Act as liaison for staff to the Technology Department and to the District Library Media Specialist
- Prepares and helps maintain a variety of written materials (e.g. inventory control, procedures, guides, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support, documentation, and/or conveying information.
- Facilitate student assessments that utilize technology
- Transports a variety of items (e.g. equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of providing materials at job site or to sending equipment in for repairs.
- Coordinates and maintains the building technology use program for staff and library services.
- Maintains the library collection including shelving books, adding and withdrawing items, and mending and repairing items.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and attractive environment and assists in the preparation of displays.
- Maintains the computer catalog, shelf list and other library media files; including data entry for automated circulation and catalog systems.
- Coordinates with other staff for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work environment and maintains confidentiality at all times.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Required to work a ten month work calendar. Hourly wage and working conditions to be established by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance will be evaluated annually by the Building Principal with input
from the Library Media Specialist