Job | Posted 2 months ago
12th Street Elementary
7.5 Hours Per Day/$11.20 Per Hour
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate, collaborate, and cooperate with colleagues, supervisors, and students.
- Assists teacher in maintaining discipline and other functions.
- Assists with set up of classroom and prepares materials for specialized instructional units.
- Handles attendance reports and related clerical functions with the teacher.
- Assists in assembling/hanging materials on bulletin boards/keeping displays current.
- May escort children to and from various rooms.
- Assists instructional personnel with the development and presentation of learning materials and instructional exercises.
- Tutor students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow up learning activity.
- Files, types or uses duplicating machine.
- Assists in administering pre and post-testing.
- Monitors student classroom academic testing results and correlates that information to the planning for the students.
- Keeps daily logs for every student and monitors daily.
- Assists teacher in teaching language arts to nonnative English speaking students using appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in basic communication skills to facilitate transition into the regular instructional program.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adopt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil to the extent possible.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with children.
- Demonstrate abilities in the area of interpersonal communication.
- A high degree of patience, ability and willingness to learn new skills and take direction.
- Comfortable offering medical support to students with Type 1 Diabetes, including giving insulin injections.
Must be Highly Qualified, (60 college credit hours, an Associate’s Degree, or successful completion of the ETS Parapro Assessment).
Portage Public Schools
6501 South 12th Street, Portage, MI 49024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $12,292
% ELL Students
State Average: 6%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 18.25
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 199