Head Knowledge Bowl Advisor
TYPE OF POSITION:
Hours may vary based on program needs
Activities Director, Building Principals
Assistant Coaches, Volunteers (under the direction of the Activities Director)
MN Coaching license or Bachelor’s Degree in sports/fitness related field OR proven knowledge and experience necessary to coach the activity; completion of six quarter college credits (or equivalent), or 60 clock hours of instruction in first aid and the care and prevention of athletic injuries; and completion of a coaching methods or theory course.
Demonstrated ability to organize and supervise the activity; previous coaching experience and substantive knowledge base in assigned activity; proven ability to work with high school aged students modeling positive character and responsible behavior; orientation toward continuous improvement.
Variable schedule to accommodate practices and competitions in a major sports program.
To direct, support and fully implement the assigned high school activity with an education based philosophy of teaching and coaching.
St. Cloud Public Schools has a tradition of excellence and a history of accomplishment. We are seeking committed and accomplished educational professionals who are looking to coach in lead or support roles in our extra-curricular programs.
Assist Activities Director with Administrative Functions
- Knows and implements all District and School Athletic Policies and procedures for the entire sports program.
- Knows, interprets and consistently implements system, state and MSHSL regulations.
- Understands and follows District procedures for reviewing and responding to complaints or concerns related to the sports program.
- Assists the Activity Director in scheduling, providing transportation and managing equipment for regular season events, tournaments, plays and other special sports events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sports events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times, coordinating as necessary with maintenance and other school employees.
- Provides documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parent consent and eligibility.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Attends public/staff/departmental meetings related to the sports program.
- Advises the Activity Director and recommends policy, method or procedural changes for program.
- Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff. Arranging for conferences, clinics and staff meetings to ensure staff training and awareness of overall program.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation, and at season’s end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates assistants.
- Maintains discipline, responds to concerns or complaints, and works to support effective teaming cooperation among coaching staff.
- Coordinates with 7-12 programs in an educationally grounded approach to athletics.
- Teaches and models respect for team members, coaches, opponents, officials and fans.
- Supports both individual participant development and team development, assisting all team members in reaching goals.
- Communicates training rules, eligibility requirements, team expectations, and other regulations of the sport to each student who is considered a participant.
- Monitors student-participants grades and conduct as related to team participation and eligibility.
- Provides supervision, assistance and guidance for each participant at all practices and team functions.
- Initiates and supervises programs and procedures to address sports injuries and medical emergencies.
- Directs student managers, assistants and statisticians.
- Determines discipline when necessary with attention to due process, contacting parents when a student is disciplined, dropped from the program or becomes ineligible.
- Assists participants in their college or advanced educational selection.
- Participates in the budgeting function with the Activities Director by establishing requirements for the next season, recommending equipment guidelines as to type, style, color or technical specifications, and operating within budget appropriations.
- Arranges for issuing and collecting equipment, submits annual equipment inventory, and is accountable for all equipment.
- Monitors facilities and coaches’ offices.
- Monitors and supervises participants in authorized areas of buildings at appropriate times.
- Examines work area before and after practices, checking on general cleanliness of the facility.
- Secures all doors, lights, windows and locks before leaving building if custodians are not on duty.
- Instills in each participant a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper use.
- Conducts parents, coaches, and participants pre-season meeting.
- Promotes the activity within the school through recruiting students that are not in another activity program, and promotes the activity outside the school through news media, youth programs, and other appropriate venues.
- Responsible for the quality, effectiveness and validity of any oral or written release to local media.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive relationship and good public relations with news media, booster club, parents, officials, volunteers and fans.
- Presents information to news media concerning schedules, tournaments and results in a timely fashion.
- Presents as a positive role model for participants in the school community and the community at large.
- Frequent: walking, standing, bending, sitting, hearing, talking, and seeing
All Employees of Saint Cloud School District 742 are responsible to support District goals, to work collaboratively and respectfully with diverse populations of staff, students and parents and to model and promote a welcoming working and learning environment. Employees are expected to support and adapt to change and to demonstrate commitment to continuous performance improvement. Employees are responsible to establish and maintain effective communication with students, teachers, support staff, colleagues and parents, respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the District, and to be dependable and accountable in the performance of their work.
It is the prerogative of the District to assign staff so as to best meet the needs of the District.