Paraprofessional (Multiple positions)
Work With Us!
Civitas Education Partners (CEP) is seeking a caring and committed Educator professional for the 19-20 school year and we are offering an Exceptional Work Experience for all staff members. With one purpose, 3 core values and 4 campuses, CEP is making a lasting impact on over 2,300 students in grades K-12.
CEP exists to provide equal access to opportunities that break the cycle of poverty by leading and supporting K-12 college preparatory schools. We are a school management organization that operates four campuses of Chicago International Charter School (CICS), CICS Ralph Ellison High School, CICS Northtown Academy High School, CICS Wrightwood Elementary School, and CICS ChicagoQuest High School. We aim to provide our teams and students with an exceptional experience rooted in high expectations for student achievement and civic responsibility.
Position Title: Paraprofessional
Reports to: Case Manager / School Principal
Terms of Employment: 10 month, salary and benefits established by Civitas Education Partners
Position Summary: Under general supervision of the classroom teacher, Paraprofessionals perform a variety of technical and clerical tasks in assisting the lead classroom teacher.
- Employee may perform a wide range of tasks to support the efforts of the lead teacher, meet the needs of all students, and best ensure the provision of quality instruction for all students;
- Provides one-on-one student assistance with academics and behavioral problems;
- Leads small student group activities as directed;
- Advocate for their assigned student to ensure that they are receiving the appropriate services listed in their IEP within the classroom;
- Review IEPs and 504 plans, be aware of student modifications and accommodations in the classroom;
- Participate in grade level planning meetings to advocate for modifications;
- Prepare by becoming familiar with course texts and materials;
- Communicate with teachers about students’ needs and progress; monitor progress towards goals;
- Participate in collection of assessment data and documentation (may be required to use systems such as PowerSchool, Google Suite, IMPACT, etc);
- Assist lead teacher with general housekeeping and clerical/support duties;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Illinois Board of Education Paraprofessional License
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Experience in urban education settings (Preferred)