Robichaud High School Campus Safety
Responsible for providing for a safe and secure school environment, fostering an optimal learning environment and acting as a deterrent to unsafe or poor behavior by patrolling the campus, monitoring student behavior, enforcing school and District policies, intervening in physical encounters, monitoring security cameras, monitoring visitors, reporting unsafe or unhealthy conditions and assisting administrators and/or public officials with emergency or investigative situations.
Position may require varying work hours and days including evenings and weekends
This position is a 1099 independent contractor only. The responsibility for paying city, state and federal taxes is the contractor’s own. This is not a district employee position. No benefits are provided.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Tasks Descriptions:
- Maintain the safety and security of the students and campus, foster an optimal learning environment and act as a deterrent to unsafe or poor behavior by providing high visibility throughout the school
- Walking and surveying hallways, common areas, grounds and parking lots
- Intervening in verbal and physical encounters among the students
- Diffusing hostile situations
- Enforcing safe school policies regarding weapons, tobacco, illegal substances, dress code, etc.
- Discuss/mediate infractions with students, provide written accounts of unacceptable behavior/incidents to administrators and assist with assignment of disciplinary measures as necessary.
- Report unsafe conditions and potential health and safety hazards to administrators.
- Monitor students during lunch hour inside and outside of the building. (Closed campus, students are not allowed to leave)
- May need to monitor/review security cameras to oversee the safety and security of students, staff and school assets.
- Assist with the supervision of students in study hall, after school credit recovery, after school detention.
- Assist visitors and check for visitor passes. Escort unauthorized visitors off campus.
- May assist administrators and police officers in the investigation of illegal activity within the school.
- May provide security at sporting events and/or other extracurricular activities outside of school hours including, weekends, evenings, and occasional nights.
- Assist administrators, staff and students during crisis situations, including fire drills, tornado drills, weapons control, bomb threats and lockdowns.
- May be assigned to supervise after school detention
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Open Until Filled
How to Apply:
Apply online at: https://www.westwoodschools.net/apps/pages/ and click the “Job Opportunities” tab.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions:
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds in supplies, which requires bending, stooping and lifting.
- The employee must be able to use a variety of instructional materials in the classroom.
- The employee must use hands and arms to manipulate objects.
- The employee must use keyboards, tools and other controls.
- The employee must sit and stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must have normal visional and hearing with or without aid.
- The employee must be able to move about assigned location unaided during the day.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- The noise level in the work environment will vary and can range from soft to loud. Often the noise level in the work environment will be moderate to loud.
- The employee is required to interact with students, staff, parents/guardians and occasionally with the public.
- At times, the employee may be directly responsible for the safety and well-being of students.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, (including sexual orientation and transgender identity) disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information or any other legally protected category, (collectively, “protected Classes”), in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.