HOURLY RATE: $12.28
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 19
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12
JOB CODE: 100525
POSITION TYPE: REGULAR
LOCATION: THORNTON, CO.
SUMMARY: This position will be responsible general lifeguarding duties for events and activities at the Veteran’s Memorial Aquatics Center (VMAC). This position is non-benefited and scheduled as needed based on facility programming for less than 20 hours a week.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Ensures safety of athletes, coaches, program participants and spectators by observing swimmers and spectator areas at all times, corrects unsafe behavior, effectively responds to emergency situations, performs lifesaving procedures and assisting patrons. Enforces VMAC rules and regulations.
2. Performs daily facility checks on equipment to meet manufacturer and State health code regulations and completes facility reports daily. Provides facility support by performing cleaning of pool and pump room, including, but not limited to, emergency clean-up anywhere in the facility. May assist with snow clearance of walkways as needed.
3. Performs set-up and take down of events and practices taking place at the VMAC to include, but not limited to, moving of bulkheads, lane lines, timing system, computers, tables, chairs, platforms, etc.
4. Attend mandatory staff training and/or meetings.
5. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Either currently in High School or High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
No experience required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
Criminal background check required for hire.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid Certification required.
American Red CPR-PR/AED Certification required.