High School Math Teacher
POSITION: High School Teacher - Math
LOCATION: Romulus High School
START DATE: 2020-2021 School Year
SUPERVISOR: Principal, Romulus High School
- Valid Michigan Teaching Certificate with a secondary school endorsement in Math - EX (9-12 or 6-12).
- Major or minor in Specified Content Area – (Minor must have passed the Specified Content Area MTTC Test).
- Must meet the Elementary and Secondary Education/No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 – Highly Qualified.
- Knowledge of Universal Design for Learning preferred.
- Knowledge of Common Core Math Standards preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multiple intervention strategies with individuals and groups.
- Experience or training in co-teaching instructional strategies.
- Training in Positive Behavior Intervention Supports, preferred.
- Working knowledge or experience with RTI Practices.
- Understanding of Early Warning Systems for students at-risk for failure.
- Use of student data in making instructional decisions.
- Experience with technology and multimedia to enhance teaching and learning.
- Experience with NWEA preferred.
- Experience using summative and formative assessments in instructional planning preferred.
- Willingness to participate in various trainings to improve instructional practice.
- Proficiency in using Google Classroom and Virtual Learning methods.
- Willingness to be actively involved in the school improvement process.
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Determine instructional needs of students based on assessment data and MATH K-12 Learning Standards.
- Provide direct and/or supplemental instruction to students.
- Establishes a cooperative and supportive relationship with all students.
- Maintains a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Fosters and maintains positive / collaborative relationships with parents / guardians of students.
- Evaluate students’ current level of academic performance using Departmental Standards and Common Assessments and utilize assessment data of student / class to monitor progress towards academic mastery of MATH K-12 Learning Standards.
- Monitor student progress, adjust and provide accommodations to curriculum and instruction to support academic achievement.
- Effectively uses multiple forms of assessment and progress data to plan and guide instruction and to inform the learner of their growth.
- Completes and maintains student attendance, academic records / gradebook, documentation and record keeping in accordance with District policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage student behavior to maximize engagement in learning.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Co-teaching and PBIS best practices to meet student needs.
- Monitor progress and accommodate curriculum to support academic achievement.
- Ability to effectively communicate, coordinate and collaborate with Departmental colleagues, ancillary staff, Administration, parents, and building staff to facilitate student progress and growth.
- Function as a collaborative and contributing team member within the school staff.
- Work to further develop the curriculum and seek innovative, engaging and motivating instructional approaches.
- Must effectively communicate with students and parents regarding students’ goals and progress.
- Ability to coordinate and plan classroom activities, sometimes in unison with special education staff, to meet curriculum expectations and IEP goals for students.
- Contributes and participates in efforts related to building and District Goals.
- Perform other classroom / instructional duties as may be related to this position.