Teacher Aide Special Education
• Plan and implement a program of study employing instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting District goals and objectives.
• Create a classroom and school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
• Assume responsibility for the safety and well being of students under his/her direct supervision.
• Maintain written lesson plans, identifying clear objectives for all lessons, and submit for administrative review as required.
• Evaluate students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
• Maintain and submit reports and records as required.
• Communicate with students and parents or guardians on a regular basis.
• Assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develop reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
• Maintain and improve professional competence.
• Attend meetings and serve on committees.
• Perform such other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the principal or administrative designee
1) Valid Illinois State Paraprofessional Certificate registered in Peoria county.
2) Must pass a pre-employment physical, TB test, and drug/alcohol screening.
3) Must pass a criminal background check.
Please apply on our website!
Salary based on education and experience based on the collective bargaining agreement.