The Riverside Magnet School, in collaboration with LEARN and Goodwin College is seeking a one-year only Classroom Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. The Riverside Magnet School is a public magnet school serving children ages 3 through Grade 5. The teacher will be responsible for guiding the learning of students in their classroom integrating the school’s Reggio Emilia philosophy. Certification: 113 (Pk-3) or 013/305 (Elementary, K-6) is required.
The teacher shall:
- Teach each student through planning and individualizing instruction to meet student needs.
- Meet professional responsibilities listed in the Connecticut Teacher Competencies.
- Plan a variety of appropriate individual and group activities in order to accommodate various learning styles.
- Work cooperatively with staff, parents, colleagues, and administrators.
- Select appropriate learning materials from available sources: texts, supplements, media, etc.
- Utilize the Reggio Emilia magnet theme as a lens for planning, instruction, and assessment.
- Encourage students to work to the best of their abilities and to take pride in their achievements.
- Create an atmosphere conducive to the development of confidence and respect for teachers and students.
- Establish criteria for and inform students of the basis of assessment.
- Promote self-awareness, self-respect, appropriate behavior and responsibility.
- Provide a stimulating environment in which students learn and interact.
- Assess and evaluate student learning on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain professional attitude in working with others.
- Effectively manage student behavior.
- Participate in and contribute to school programs, projects and professional activities.
- Follow guidelines with regard to recordkeeping, documentation, and reporting.
- Communicate pertinent information related to self, student, program and agency.
- Serve as a peer evaluator as outlined in the Teacher Evaluation Plan.
- Model appropriate social skills and behaviors.
- Foster self-worth and independence in students.
- Monitor instructional assistants and other persons assigned to the classroom.
- Support program and agency goals.
- Perform other duties associated with the teaching position.
Qualified applicants should submit their credentials and apply on-line at www.learn.k12.ct.us. EOE