Career Facilitation Coordinator- Western Region
Career Facilitation Coordinator
Working from one of Commonwealth Charter Academy’s Family Service Centers in the Western PA region, (Pittsburg area), the Career Facilitation Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of programs which will include 1) regularly meeting with high school students to assist them in identifying their career goals and acquire work-based learning experiences like job shadows and internships and 2) forging statewide relationships with community partners, businesses, and organizations that will provide real-life career experiences for CCA high school students.
We are looking for a hard-working, experienced, ambitious, highly organized, and charismatic professional with excellent interpersonal skills who likes to travel.
The Career Faciitation Coordinator will:
- Schedule and conduct state wide virtual & face-to-face O*NET Interest Profiler career consultation sessions with learners at the high school level.
- Support students to identify and participate in hands-on, authentic career experiences, internships, and job shadow opportunities through the course of the year.
- Hold phone and off-site face-to-face meetings with individuals from multiple professional organizations to arrange job shadow and/or internship opportunities for CCA learners. Travel to multiple sites and businesses across Pennsylvania will be required.
- Forge statewide relationships with community partners, businesses, and organizations that will provide real-life career experiences for our learners.
- Continuously recruit new business hosts/mentors and expand existing mentor resources throughout PA.
- Travel to meet with the interns and mentors on location.
- Work collaboratively with School Counselors, the Family Services department, CCA parent volunteers, and experts in a variety of professions to provide workshops opportunities for students.
- Design, schedule, facilitate, and implement virtual and face-to-face school to career events.
- Oversee the Internship course and program.
- Grade students’ assignments and career journals in the Internship course.
- Communicate frequently with cooperating internship personnel to ensure that program requirements are met and provide support as needed.
- Keep an updated log/tracking system of community partners, interns, and handle all administrative duties.
- Organize and file all required paperwork for programs like liability coverage, mentor clearances, waivers etc.
- Help to train and support Career Facilitation Consultant staff to deliver ONET survey and interpret data.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and trends in education, trades, and STEAM and submit reports and proposals at dept. meetings.
- Update CCA portal & website of department events. Photograph and /or record events for CCA website, portal, yearbook, and promotion.
- Proficiently use and navigate CCA’s RMS (Relationship Management System).
- Regularly collaborate and meet with the Director of Innovative Programs
- Submit a report to the Director of Innovative Programs of internship placements and partnerships.
- Work with colleagues to achieve the Innovative Program Department’s mission and vision.
The Career partnerships & Workforce Development Coordinator must:
· Have a working knowledge of STEAM initiatives as related to various professional industries.
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Have excellent “soft skills”.
· Work effectively both with and without supervision.
· Be detail-oriented and analytical.
· Possess strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs).
· Be thorough and meet deadlines.
· Possess excellent collaboration skills.
· Be flexible in regards to travel and non-traditional work hours.
· Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment individually and collaboritavely.
· Be able to work remotely, if necessary.
· Have a family & customer service approach to CCA families, students, and partners.
· Be able to identify specific program improvements and submit detailed proposals for analysis.
This job operates in a professional office environment where travel is required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role. Requires the ability to lift, squat, sit, bend, or stand as necessary. Ability to travel to other sites/locations in PA as needed.
· 12 month Full-time
· Regular travel is required for this position which may include occasional overnight stays.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
· Master’s degree preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or a STEM related field
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Valid PA Driver’s License
· Appropriate Automobile Insurance Coverage
School Background Clearances
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Commonwealth Charter Academy
is an equal opportunity employment,
educational, and service organization.