NEW POSITIONS ADDED 8/31/20***** ELEMENTARY LONG TERM SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS NEEDED*****
Job | Posted 15 days ago
Elementary K-5 Long Term Substitute Classroom Teachers - grades/schools to be determined (1.0)
Must have any CT state certification - K-5 preferred (305)
To provide an instructional program which will help students to:
- Pose and pursue thoughtful questions.
- Explore and solve complex problems.
- Communicate effectively.
- Collaborate with others.
- Contribute to community.
- Understand and practice school norms.
- Recognize and respect other cultures.
- Implements all GPS curriculum consistent with the school goals, mission, and vision.
- Promotes a safe and positive classroom environment where all students feel welcomed.
- Fosters an organized and structured classroom environment that allows for whole group, small group, and individualized instruction.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Provides appropriate, meaningful, and timely feedback to improve student achievement.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship.
- Maintains familiarity with district and CT state standardized tests for the purpose of adapting curriculum to maximize student achievement on such tests.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures student conduct conforms with the school's standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with district testing programs.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
- Incorporates technology and digital tools appropriately into instruction.
- Reviews and implements modifications, accommodations, and intervention plans for all students both general and special education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Creates an inviting atmosphere and educational program that nurtures intellectual, social and emotional growth of each student.
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of all GPS elementary curriculum, Connecticut Core State Standards for ELA and Math, Connecticut State Social Studies Frameworks, and Next Generation Science Standards.
- Ability to use a learning management system, data analysis and the formulation of action plans, to personalize the learning experience for all students
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Provides students with opportunities to develop critical thinking skills, while affording opportunity for creative activity.
- Ability to collaborate with instructional teams.
- Employs a variety of teaching techniques through the use of appropriate instructional materials to meet the needs of all learners.
- Use knowledge of technology to enhance instruction.
- Use district-issued digital tools.
- Bachelor’s from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Master’s Degree in related area preferred
Greenwich Public Schools
Havenmeyer Building, 290 Greenwich, CT 06830
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $20,481
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 12.29
% IEP Students
State Average: 14%
State Average: 479