Teacher of Special Education/English - Replacement Teacher
Teacher of Special Education/English Language Arts & In Class Support - Leave Replacement
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide an approved education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help students to develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and to maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members. Candidates must have a demonstrated understanding of the NJSLS for ELA and what that means for students required to pass the NJ Student Learning Assessment for ELA.
1. Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificates in English and Special Education required(CEAS, CE or Standard Certificate Endorsement Code #1410 or #1106), AND Teacher of Students with Disabilities(CE or Standard Certificate Endorsement Code #2475) OR Teacher of the Handicapped required.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of subject specialty and effective teaching methods
3. Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
5. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status