Nurse Aide (Multiple Campuses)
Job Title: Nurse Aide
Exemption Status: Non Exempt
Reports to: Health Services Coordinator /Principal
Pay Grade: 01
Works with: Students/Staff/Parents
Dept. /School: Assigned Campus
To implement the District’s Health Services Program in order to meet the needs of the student population
at the assigned campus; and to promote health/safety education and preventative health practices.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Current cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillator (AED) certificates.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the Public Information Act
- Knowledge of basic first aid
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Knowledge of health appraisal to identify student health defects
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Major Responsibilities and Duties:1. Provide direct care using school health protocols and individualized healthcare plans (IHPs),
established by the RN supervisor or medical advisor.
2. Administer medication to students according to board policy and district procedures.
3. Carry out mandatory screening programs, collect data, and complete required reports as directed.
4. Collaborate with campus principal, school counselor, teachers, parents, food service, and other staff regarding
the health needs of the general population and those students with identified health conditions as directed by
the supervising RN.
5. Communicate with parents regarding individual students as directed by the school nurse (RN).
6. Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee (ARD) meeting of students with identifiable
health needs if the RN is unable and collaborate with appropriate staff and RN regarding implementation of health
related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
7. Distribute information to faculty or staff on health related topics as needed and as directed by the RN.
8. Provide guidance to unlicensed assistive personnel or other school staff on health related tasks as directed
by the RN.
9. Maintain accurate and confidential student health records, including immunization records, medication
administration records, and individual student treatment records.
10. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required, including accurate,
confidential health records on all students.
11. Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State
Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area. Comply with all district and campus
routines and regulations.
12. Maintain confidentiality.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard medical clinic equipment including automated external degibrillator
Posture: Frequent standing, sitting, kneeling, squatting, occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking, grasping/ squeezing wrist flexion/ extension
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress