Electrician - Journeyman
Posted 2 months ago
|Title||Electrician - Journeyman|
|Reports To||Director of Maintenance|
Maintains and repairs district electrical systems as required.
Education and Certification Requirements
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Maintains appropriate state journey man license as required
- Valid Texas Driver’s License, a good driving record, and proof of insurance on vehicle used to travel to district
- Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check
- Possesses knowledge of local building codes
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring and operating principles of motors
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to use hand and power tools
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
(The following statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions that may be assigned or skills that may be required.)
- Complies with District directives and Maintenance Policies and Procedures and follows all safety procedures.
- Installs or repairs electrical wiring as needed to district buildings.
- Purchases necessary materials to complete work orders.
- Keeps all tools and equipment in good working condition.
- Keeps a neat and clean shop.
- Performs rough and lay out work for minor new construction work.
- Runs cable and installs disconnects for all portables.
- Installs computer, phone and intercom cables.
- Repairs or provides assistance to A/C and plumbing department for repair of electric hot waters heaters, A/C units, exhaust fans, etc.
- Repairs scoreboards and intercoms.
- Repairs and replaces light fixtures in gymnasiums, parking lots, and other exterior lights to includes time clocks and photo cells and intercoms
- Maintain a consistent professional demeanor and appearance
- Ensure compliance with the Texas Educator’s Code of Ethics
- Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job
- Multimeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and testing equipment; soldering iron; wire puller; pipe benders and threaders; hand and power tools (saw, drills, etc.); trencher; jackhammer; concrete saw; ladder. Light truck or van
- Ability to read, concentrate, communicate (verbally and written), interpret, reason, understand verbal instructions, memorize, coordinate, compile, compute
- Work with frequent interruptions and maintain emotional control under stress
- Frequent: Sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs and/or ramps, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive hand motions, hearing, speaking clearly, visual acuity, distinguishing colors, driving, traveling
- Occasional: Lifting, heavy, 45 pounds or more
- Frequent exposure to: temperature extremes (hot and cold), humidity extremes, noise, low or intense illumination, vibration
- Occasional exposure to: biological hazards (communicable diseases, bacteria, insects, mold, fungi, etc.)
- Work outside, work around moving objects or vehicles, work on uneven surfaces, work alone, work prolonged or irregular hours
The Judson School District considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital or veteran status, the presence of a medical condition, disability, or any other legally protected status