Special Education Teacher - Secondary Multiple Disabilities Support (MDS)
Capital Area Intermediate Units Mission and Vision:
Our Mission: CAIU provides innovative support and services in partnership with schools, families, and communities to build capacity and model courageous leadership to help them be great. #BeGreat
Our Vision: Recognized as a trusted and influential partner in achieving life-changing outcomes in the Capital Area. #ChangingLives
Location-- Central Dauphin East High School
Under the general supervision of the Program Supervisor: to maximize the learning experience of students with Multiple Disabilities, in academics, interpersonal skills, transition skills, and activities of daily living by implementing approved curriculum and evidence-based teaching strategies. Completing IDEA paperwork within timeline constraints and implementing Individualized Education Plans (IEPs). Addressing students' specific needs while providing a safe and optimal learning environment. Collaboratively working with multiple school districts and Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) to achieve the individualized students' goals.
- Please see attached Job Description.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Understanding and implementation of behavioral management strategies
- Understanding and implementation of evidence based strategies for students with complex needs
- Ability to effectively communicate using a variety of modalities (email, text, phone, etc.) to many stakeholders (i.e. district personnel, caregivers, paraprofessionals,etc.)
- Independence and confidence in IDEA paperwork and time management
- Competency in using Microsoft Office programs, Google extensions, and other applications
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Special Education, Master's (preferred)
- PA Certification(s): Special Education K-12 or K-7
- Previous experience in working with students in a MDS setting (preferred)