Food Service Worker P/T JFK
TITLE: Food Service Worker-P/T
1. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Valid DOE fingerprinting certification.
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
Food Service Workers:
1. Prepare foods as directed by either the Kitchen Manager or Cook.
2. Clean all work areas when tasks are completed.
3. Must possess strength to lift and carry food items or objects weighing up to twenty pounds.
4. Serve lunches in the serving line.
5. Prepare items for the next days meals as needed by 1st cook.
6. Must be able to help lift in/out, oven, stove and warmer.
1. Collect money from students either in line or in the classrooms.
2. Record all money received. Count and stack money to ready for deposit.
3. Record all changes in status as the Food Service Director determines them.
4. Record accurately the students’ names as they go through the lunch line.
5. Total all students into categories (free, reduces, or paid).
6. Notify managers when student account is in arrears
7. Responsible for learning software program (currently PCS).
1. Scrape all trays, pans, and pots ready for dishwasher.
2. Maintain the dishwasher in good working order.
3. Drain and clean the dishwasher and dish room at the end of the day.
4. See to it that all items used that day are returned to their original place for the next day’s use.
1. Must possess manual dexterity to shred, chop, assemble, and mix foods.
2. Must possess stamina to stand and walk on hard flooring for long periods of time.
3. Must possess ability to withstand a wide range of temperatures.
4. Must possess ability to work with chemical agents.
5. Must communicate effectively with co-workers.
6. Must possess excellent team building skills.
7. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Food Service Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: School year. 180 days plus as needed for opening and closing of school year. Salary and work
year to be established by the School Committee and Superintendent. Position works 4 hours per day.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee’s policy on
Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
NOTE: The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or
responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be
inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.