Education Technician I
BIDDEFORD SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
TITLE: Special Educational Technician I
1. Eligible for appropriate Maine Department of Education certification (021).
2. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
3. Experience working with students with Developmental Delays
REPORTS TO: Assigned teacher
1. Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the classroom or special education teacher and assist in drill and
2. Participate in required workshops by request of Building Leader, Supervisor, or Director.
3. Perform non-instructional, non-evaluating functions including suspension of students.
4. Assist in preparation of instructional materials or provide classroom management functions during emergency drills,
assemblies, play periods, etc.
5. Alerts teacher to any problem or special information about an individual student.
6. Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information.
7. Participates in staff meetings as needed.
8. Perform short-term instruction and classroom management activities under the direct supervision of the teacher or
appropriate content specialist in the classroom.
9. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Cooperating Teacher or Building Leader.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Grant Funded 1 Year position with potential of extension.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the School Committee’s policy on
Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.