Special Education Teacher - High School
The Chappaqua Central School District is a nationally renowned, award winning public school system characterized by highly motivated students, a broadly educated and talented staff, and an actively involved parent community. Our community maintains one goal - always do what is in the best interest of our students & our priority in Chappaqua is clear: to be a learning organization where talented individuals from diverse backgrounds feel seen and valued, and are committed to doing their best work!
Chappaqua CSD is looking for a child-centered, dynamic & innovative educator to serve in the position of probationary High School Special Education Teacher at Horace Greeley HS for the 2020-2021 school year
*** PREVIOUS CANDIDATES NEED NOT APPLY ***
- Student centered educator committed to developing a differentiated and personalized learning plan for classified students based on strengths and readiness levels.
- Can administer educational evaluations to use as a basis for making eligibility determinations.
- Assists in developing Individual Educational Plans ("IEP") for students with goals that student specific and informed by various data points.
- Assists students and teaching staff in implementing students' IEP's including academic goals and behavior management plans.
- Ability to develop and actualize modifications and accommodations for students with disabilities in a general education classroom based on student readiness levels.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to engage in various instructional models including co-teaching, parallel teaching and pulling small groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and trusting relationships with colleagues, students and the broader community.
- Serves as a resource to students and families to provide support that will lead each student to increased personal growth, self-understanding, and behavioral management.
- Continues to engage in meaningful professional learning opportunities through readings, workshops, podcasts, conferences, and an active PLN.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and maintains effective communication with students and parents.
- Successful prior special education teaching experience with students with Autism, Dyslexia and other learning disabilities.
- New York State Certification as a Special Education Teacher (Gr. K - 12 or Gr. 7 -12).
This position includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and extensive opportunities for professional development and mentor support.
Application deadline: ASAP