NIGHT LOCK-UP-DEKANEY HS (9th grade center)
Days Per Year: 260
JOB TITLE: Custodian – Night Lock-Up – High School
REPORT TO: Building Operator
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Nonexempt
The Night Lock-up Custodian, under the general supervision of Building Operator, the Custodian, cleans and maintains offices, halls, classrooms and similar areas in a school building; secures the building upon closing and performs related work as required or assigned. Result will be a safe, clean and efficient building environment. Perform project work as assigned.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- High School graduate or GED
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- 1 yrs job related experience
- Three+ years experience in custodial services
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment and lift heavy equipment
- Ability to properly handle cleaning supplies
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Clean floors by vacuuming, sweeping or mopping.
- Dust vents, ledges, shelves and horizontal surfaces.
- Wet wipe walls, tables, desks, chalkboard/trays and glass
- Disinfect restroom sinks, urinals, toilets, fixtures, partitions, showers and floors.
- Polish all chrome.
- Disinfect public phones and water fountains.
- Remove facility trash and place in dumpster. Re-line cans.
- Remove carpet spots.
- Wash and dry mops/rags as needed.
- Perform set-ups for meetings and special events.
- Police grounds and parking lot daily.
- Replenish dispensers as needed.
- Shampoo carpets and refinish/strip hard surface floors.
- Lock-up facilities as required and set security alarm.
- Move furniture and perform project cleaning.
- Mix chemicals
- Sweep sidewalks, patios and entrances.
- Other general custodial duties as assigned by the supervisor including, but not limited to, moving furniture and equipment.
- Responding to emergencies or crisis situations in the District
Type of Equipment Used:
Vacuum cleaner, broom, dust mop, wet mop, bucket, wringer, spray bottles, high duster, cart, small hand tools, roto and extractor.
- Average hearing
- Corrected 20/20 vision
- Good depth perception
- Ability to distinguish between colors
The usual and customary methods of performing this job require the following: frequent walking, standing, climbing, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders. Work alone as well as with other team members.
Environmental Conditions: Required to use chemicals daily, working in extreme weather conditions (with and without air conditioning depending on facility requirements). Overtime is required as necessary.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties that may be required.