Classroom Paraprofessional-Special Ed Department
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Job Title: Classroom Instructional Paraprofessional-Special Eduation Department
Reports to: Principal/Assistant Principal of Special Education
Dept./School: Lufkin High School
High School Degree
Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
Ability to work well with students
Ability to communicate effectively
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Provides appropriate instructional assistance and support for students based on lessons developed and provided by the teacher.
- Coordinates and communicates with classroom teachers in assisting students in the continuation of classroom assignments.
- Makes referrals on students in need of further remediation and/or counseling.
- Interacts with students, individually and/or in groups, to assist them in improving academically and behaviorally.
- Keeps current records and submits accurate paperwork on schedule.
- Assists with record keeping applicable to students when assigned by classroom teacher or administrator.
- Maintains structure and discipline in the room and directs the conduct of students in accordance with policies and procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Moderate standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping
Motion: Moderate walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Work inside
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress; adjusts to a changing schedule postively
309 S. Medford Dr, Lufkin , TX 75901
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558