Early Childhood Instructors
LEARN is seeking Early Childhood Instructors at The Friendship School for the 2020-21 school year. The early childhood instructor is responsible for coordinating the activities of teachers who work with students in the classroom. An associate degree in child development or a related field is required. Closing date for this position is September 10, 2020. Please apply online at www.learn.k12.ct.us and attach resume, letter of interest, and transcripts. EOE
- Assist teacher to identify long and short term individual student, class and program objectives
- Assist teacher to prepare and maintain written plans as needed
- Assist teacher in gathering and utilizing documentation of student work
- Assist teacher to plan and implement individual and group activities (i.e., field trips, role playing, class discussion, movies, slides, records, interaction, etc.) as needed
- Alert teacher to any unusual events occurring with the students
- Provide and maintain a safe environment in which students can learn and interact
- Be responsible for appropriate behavior management of students.
- Follow routine school, program and organizational procedures
- Maintain appropriate student records and submit required reports within designated time limits
- Be sensitive to, and adjust as necessary to, differences among students and consider the overall well-being of the individual students
- Handle personal information related to students in a professional and confidential manner
- Exhibit professional and ethical behavior
- Attend professional development activities as appropriate
- Perform other reasonable areas of responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor to meet the unique requirements of the program and clients thereof
- Associate degree or higher in child development or related field.
- Ability to work well with children.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Background and comfort with use of technology.
- Ability to keep accurate data and reports.