Special Education - EBD Paraprofessional
WORK DAY: 6.5 hours per day; Monday - Friday; 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
WORK CALENDAR: Refer to the attached work calendar in the lower right corner of this posting.
SALARY: $15.50 per hour
BENEFITS: Benefits available.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4321 or email email@example.com.
2 positions available
- Performs tasks within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum requirement; 48 college semester credits and/or a two-year degree from an accredited college or university. Please include official transcript(s) with application.
- In lieu of college credits or degree, one can complete the ParaPro Assessment test. The passing score in Minnesota is 460.
- For more information about the ParaPro Assessment test, visit http://www.ets.org/.
- The test is available to applicants who are presented an official job offer from the Rochester Public School District.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience with behavior management strategies.
- Data collection
- Capable of responding to occasional physical behavior.
- Flexibility and the ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Good organizational skills.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
- Physical requirement: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Stooping and bending required.
- Willing to be trained in crisis prevention techniques and physical intervention.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
- Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
- Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
- Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
- Won't shy away from today's educational challenges.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
- Has a proven track record of success.
- Works with great integrity.
- Working with students who have behavioral challenges.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.